I loooooooove to bake! And it’s fall here in the Midwest. So you will find me in my kitchen, in my slippers, pumpkin spice coffee in-hand, shirt lightly dusted with flour and splatters of batter on my pants.That’s how I roll.
I’ve been threatening to share gluten-free recipes for awhile and I’ve casually decided to start blogging about other stuff besides my bodily functions (though I’ll still blog about those–sorrynotsorry).
What’s hillarious (and SO “me”) is that today’s invention was a combination of 2 different recipes–neither one of them gluten-free. But I couldn’t find a GF recipe I liked, so I took my chances and subbed GF flour in a “regular” recipe. And it worked!
Behold: GF Apple Spice Cake with Streusel Topping
It’s been hours since it came out of the oven yet the whole house still smells *dewishious*.
I’ll link the 2 recipes but here are my modifications:
Apple Spice Cake
1. Pamela’s GF flour (blue bag) instead of regular
2. Used coconut oil (calls for 1/3c oil)
3. Added 2tbsp flaxseed meal (to pretend it’s *healthy cake*)
4. Used coconut milk for milk (I can’t drink milk so unless Mr. MLACS is home I only have coconut milk, which seems to work–I added extra to this batter though b/c it was too dough-y at first)
1. Pamela’s GF flour
2. Bob’s redmill GF rolled oats
3. Salted butter (organic)
Baked at 400° in a 9×9″ square pan for 30 minutes, then turned off the oven & let it sit in the oven for another 15-20 minutes.
Cake recipe link (it’s actually for muffins, I was just to tired/lazy to mess with muffins): http://allrecipes.com/recipe/24352/easy-apple-cinnamon-muffins/
Streusel topping recipe (it’s for pie but ignore that and scroll to the topping part): http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/apple-pie-with-oat-streusel-361836
Bon appetit y’all! (you realize I never say “y’all” and this is me being a punk, yes?)